PetroChem provides the most efficient solution for flange corrosion detection with our new MANUAL SHEAR WAVE TECHNIQUE.
The manual shear wave technique is a non-intrusive, on-stream inspection technique for detecting H.F. corrosion using A-scan equipment. It produces results similar to those possible with visual inspections, with 90% accuracy.
- Does not require plant shut down
- Allows flange examination on-stream prior to turnaround
- Can drastically reduce the number of flanges needing visual examination during turnaround
- Does not require disassembly for acceptable flanges
- Facilitates identification of priority repairs during turnarounds
Minimal preparation is requiredonly the smoothing of good protective and spot removal of aged protective coating using simple hand tools. Ultrasonic shear waves are introduced and returning signals scrutinized by trained operators. Calculations are made to locate the corrosion termination point relative to the raised face I.D. The greater the depth of the indication of corrosion, the easier it is to correctly interpret.
A width assessment of the corrosion is developed and applied to the client's acceptance criteria. Indications are typically reported as follows:
||(0-40% of raised face)
||(40-50% of raised face)
||(>50% of raised face)
For more information, contact